Tuesday 9 May 2017

UPDATE - Changes to the Yosemite part of the trip...


I have been reading more reviews from actual people that have visited Yosemite and I have also taken the advice from my Loney Planet forum link...

1) The original hotel that I booked was outside of the Yosemite park and this driving time would be wasted in and out each day... (4-6 hours a day)





So this would limit the time we were to spend in the actual Yosemite Valley.

2) The drive from Yosemite to Vegas was starting to play on my mind... it is a long drive and I want to spend the time enjoying the drive with stops when needed and taking the time in Death Valley to see it...

So now I have the following changes...

  • Original hotel at "Yosemite Westgate Lodge" is cancelled for the 2 nights
  • New booking made for 1 night in Yosemite Valley - Half Dome Village (Apartment)
  • New booking for a tram sightseeing tour of the lower floor valley (2 Hours)
  • New booking made for 1 night at Death Valley - Panamint Springs (Cottage)

With this new change I hope that we have a more relaxed part of the trip.
The cost has increased but I think that this will be paid for with quality time :)



Thinking that the drive from San Francisco to Yosemite Valley would be a nice trip that is only 5-6 hours and this will be broken up with stops on the way - we can take this relaxed in a day


Thinking that staying in that valley we will get so see so much more in a more limited time and to help this I have booked a 2 hour tram sightseeing tour with a guide so that we can see the highlights of the area and understand more of the area.


Thinking that the drive out of Yosemite will also be very beautiful, slow moving and we will be stopping a few times... then with the drive down to Death Valley I did not want to miss anything and it has been suggested to visit "Badwater" and this will add an hour or so onto the trip...

So I have now booked a night in a 2 bedroom cottage on the west rim of Death Valley... should be fun :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment