Monday 8 May 2017

Back to catch the flight home from LA

This last drive back to LA from the Grand Canyon was the only part of the trip that I thought would be just a "long Drive" nothing to see or do and no where to stop...



I could not just end this trip in this way and I needed to find a fun way to end this... after a short time on the net I have found the way home :)

We will be driving on the Historic Route 66 once again... we will try as much as we can to follow it back to LA and this time it will be longer with some stops on the way.



For now I will just book the hotel and then like all the places booked I will look at the details later.

I thought that I would need to stop half way back to LA but from the forums I can see that this is not needed so I would rather book 2 nights close to LA than 1 half way and the other close to LA - this way we have a short rest before the flight home to Denmark.

When reading about the Route "66" I come across a chain of motels that were built on the route and they were called "Wigwam villages" and Built in the 1930's - 1940's
Back in the day there were 7 locations of these villages but today there are only 2 locations left and I have booked 2 nights at the village in California at the city boundary between Rialto and San Bernardino. I could not get a single wigwam for the 4 of us as they are already sold out (with 5 months in advance) so I have booked 2 Deluxe Queen wigwams.




No comments:

Post a Comment